WhaleFin Weekly — WEB3.0 Talent Increased 76% Year-On-Year Globally, and More
Learn about the most recent trends and updates in the crypto industry.
Crypto Industry Updates
- The Merge is coming soon. Ethereum will move off of Proof-of-Work to Proof-of-Stake, improving the security, scalability, and sustainability of the network. Still, questions linger about what the Merge actually does and why it’s an epochal shift.
- WhaleFin fully supports the Merge as it aligns with our long-term vision to achieve a future of maximized sustainability, security, and responsibility in the digital industry.
- Read the first article of our series on The Merge.
Source: Ethereum Foundation
WEB3.0 Talent Increased 76% Year-On-Year Globally, With the U.S, India, and China as the Top Three Blockchain Talent Hubs
- The U.S., India, and China are spearheading the development of blockchain technology.
- In India, the Web3 industry witnessed a 39% increase over the last five years, employing almost 50,000 individuals and gaining traction across various fields including IoT, smart manufacturing, supply chain management, and digital asset trading (NASSCOM’s 2021 report, Crypto Tech India).
Source: Financial Express
Africa’s Biggest Crypto Market Amid Bank Trading Ban is Nigeria
- The country ranked fourth in the world.
- The U.S. is at the top of the list (46 million owners), followed by India and Pakistan with respectively 27.4 million and 26.4 million crypto owners.
Ukraine’s Tech Retail Giants Techno Їzhak and Stylus Accepting Bitcoin
- Techno Їzhak and Stylus, two of Ukraine’s largest tech-based retailers, have now begun accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment.
- A report by Bitcoin Magazine claims the company will be using payments providers Whitepay, subsidiary of WhiteBIT, to facilitate between customers and merchants.
Vitalik Buterin States Crypto Price Crashes Are Good for Crypto
- A decline in the prices of crypto assets has benefits, suggested the creator of Ethereum Vitalik Buterin.
- “I do think that price drops are good at revealing problems that were always there from the beginning. Unsustainable business models tend to succeed during booms because everything is going up, so the money people have at their disposal is going up, and so things can be temporarily propped up by a constant influx of new dollars.”
Addresses With Over 1 Bitcoin Hits All-Time High
- The number of Bitcoin addresses with over 1 BTC surged to an all-time high of 900,000.
Brazilian Sec Seeks to Change Its Role in Cryptocurrency Regulation
- The Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission is looking to rework pursuing its legal framework with regard to regulation of cryptocurrencies.
- After seven years of work, the Senate approved the final version of a bill on cryptocurrencies in April 2022. Once the final revisions are concluded, the bill will be sent to the country’s president for the final sign-off.
Indonesia to Set Up Its Crypto Bourse by the End of 2022
- Yet again Indonesia plans to set up a digital assets exchange (the first announcement came in 2021). The so-called “crypto bourse” is planned to be established by the end of 2022.
- Indonesian Deputy Trade Minister Jerry Sambuaga confirmed during the NXC International Summit 2022 in Bali that, despite delays, the country is still planning to launch the crypto bourse.
India’s Central Bank Gives Lenders Ultimatum to Comply With New Digital Loan Rules
- The Reserve Bank of India has given lenders until the end of November to adjust and align with the digital loan rules issued last month.
- The guidelines flesh out who can lend to borrowers in the country and which data lenders can access while ensuring customer transparency and control.
- South Korean Telecoms Giant LGU+ Moves Deeper into NFT Space
- FIFA Launched NFT Platform on Algorand’s Blockchain in Preparation for World Cup
- Johnnie Walker Released Two New Limited NFTs With Physical Whiskey and NFT Bottles
- NFT sci-fi card game Parallel will release card pack PDV series on September 11
- DeGods #270 sold for 7,033.3 SOL (216,133 USD), the highest transaction in the series
- Sources: Crypto News, Odaily, KITCO, Pr Newswire, Twitter
- BTC $20,542
- ETH $1,643
- BTC $19,636
- ETH $1,480
About WhaleFin by Amber Group
WhaleFin, powered by Amber Group, is an all-in-one digital asset platform designed to empower you to diversify, manage, and grow your wealth digitally in a secure manner. On WhaleFin, you can buy, sell, trade, and invest in crypto with ease.
Download the app here.
Amber Group is a leading digital asset platform operating globally with a presence in Asia, Europe, and the Americas. We provide a full range of digital asset services spanning investing, financing, trading, and spending, backed by some of the best investors across the world such as Sequoia Capital, Temasek, and Tiger Global Management.
For more on WhaleFin’s announcements and news, please follow us on social media.
For support and assistance, please contact us at email@example.com
This material is strictly for information purposes only, and does not constitute or shall not be considered as, an offer, solicitation, or recommendation, to deal in any products. The information provided is not intended to provide a sufficient basis on which to make an investment decision. It is intended only to provide observations and views of certain personnel and has not been reviewed by any regulators elsewhere, which may be different from, or inconsistent with, the observations and views of Amber Group.
Amber Group assumes no obligation to update or otherwise revise this material, Amber Group does not represent or warrant its accuracy or completeness and is not responsible for losses or damages arising out of errors, omissions or changes or from the use of information presented in this material. Contents in any third-party sources (if any) in this material are completely beyond the control of Amber Group. As such, Amber Group shall not be held responsible for the accuracy, completeness and legality of the contents of such third-party contents. Any reference to third-party contents does not imply an endorsement, representation or warranty by Amber Group. No liability will be accepted for any loss or damage arising from or in reliance upon the contents of this material or these independent third-party contents provided here.
This material is not directed to or intended for distribution to or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of or located in any locality, state, country or other jurisdiction where such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Amber Group to any registration or licensing requirement within such jurisdiction.
This material does not purport to contain all of the information that an interested party may desire and, in fact, provides only a limited view. Any headings are for the convenience of reference only and shall not be deemed to modify or influence the interpretation of the information contained.
All rights reserved. This material is not to be reproduced, in whole or part, without the written consent of Amber Group